Sunday, April 4, 2010

Life is a complete travel


PHOTO 1 - Montevideo, Uruguay AIRPORT

Travelling and living...

If there are some lessons, one is definitely that life is travelling.
From my point of view, I can separate my life in 2 parts.
One life before travelling alone and other life after it.

After all, life is a travel isn't it?
This is what I will describe in this post.


I am travelling back from my Easter holidays in Albufeira to Lisbon and I felt, in a way, to express finally my life/travel concept.
Last friday, a friend shared to me, how afraid she was about not resulting anything in her life. Afraid to have a full life fighting for her goals and then not get anyone.

Her sharing reminds me a comment from a cyclist, an eternal rival of Lance Armstrong at tour de France who won 7 times.
After all career biting to get the Tour de France without success, a journalist asked this cyclist: "what do you have in the end?"
He answered right away: "the most important thing is not to enjoy the end, but how enjoyed the all travel. And damm, the travel was so great!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------


Learning point:
The Most important is not enjoying the end, but how I enjoyed until the end.




PHOTO 2 - Leaving Montevideo and Uruguay
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my answer to Seba that asked me in Punta del Diablo beach in Uruguay:
"what do you take from your experience in Uruguay?"

In the end I want to feel that I enjoyed all moments in my life as it should be.

In the end, in "Seba's" case with Uruguayan case I won mainly a different way of living.
Today:
- I take mate once a week;
- I can't eat cow meet anymore as it sucks in europe;
- I feel more that want to create family;
- I live more happy and less nervous;
- I know how lucky I am to have a car;
- I learned new ways of negotiation;
- I got new excellent language, spanish;
- new points of working view.

And I changed in the end my way of living, not because I have to, but essentially...
...because I enjoyed all these moments in Uruguay as it should be.

Today I can say that I enjoyed all moments.
And I am continuing doing it!!!

4th April 2010
Francisco Miguel Sousa

3 comments:

Luis said...

...e é por tudo o que escreveste, e por muito mais, que tenho um grande orgulho em ter-te como amigo. Mente aberta, (muitos) bons princípios, um sorriso sempre disponível, uma inteligência emocional (bastante) acima da média. Qualquer momento partilhado torna-se numa experiência enriquecedora, muito embora o caminho - das nossas vidas - a percorrer ainda se apresente longo (será o desejo de todos nós, qualquer que seja a idade). Um grande Abraço, Luís Marta

DS said...

:)

SnehaM said...

Cisco,
I have always admired your positive and humorous approach to life. Reading your blog, I'm happy to see that you haven't lost that attitude and have had a great experience in Uruguay.
All the very best my friend and I hope you will consider making India the next stop in your travels..
Love,
Sneha