Sunday, January 31, 2010

One weekend in Tranqueras, Uruguay



One weekend in Rivera - Tranqueras
December 2009

Now I am in Portugal going to Lisbon by bus from Albufeira.
Well, as all trips by bus that I take, memories comes to my mind...
Now it came one lovely...

...Lovely this weekend.
During the last moments in Uruguay of 2009, I had to knew totally how it looks the North of Uruguay.
After my experience in Paysandu, I was curious if all cities were the same or not...

Juan Suarez, my boss at the company Arkano, invited me and I couldn't refuse such a excellent opportunity.
The trip actually began as huge adventure. Why?
I was not going at the same bus as Juan.

In the middle of confusion, Juan told me to go until "bica" parage.
During all travel the weather was terribly awesome.
I never saw so many lightfalls, strong wind and raining at the same time.

Between probably the 566th lightfall and 567th, I slept.
Big mistake.
Juan was trying intensively to call me to say that it would be better to stop at the station.
As I would arrive before him it would be better to arrive at 5 am at some lightly place.
Result: I was sleeping until the driver left me at Bica place.

The employee woke me up. He took the bag to the floor and when I realized I was alone with a bag inside the water hole in the street, I thought something like: "shit!!"
Bica place is one of the quite places ever.
With one parage and one house in the middle of no where.
As it was 5 am, nobody was even passing the main street.

Fortunately my cell phone was working, I saw the Juan's message in the windy rain..
He told me his mother will pick me up right away.
Cool.

Then I sit at the less wet place and wait...
...
...One car...
...I stand up and look for it. The car had noisy music and the guys inside were smoking joins.
"Hmmm, let's hide" I thought...
...Car passed...
...Lightfall happened close to the house. My eyes got even bigger..
...
...Jipe came... And as was hiding, waiting for some call. Yes was the mother of Juan.
...
...Inside the car, she spoke how was afraid about myself, as the wind already damaged the region, with floods in consequence of the strong rains.
...



Juan's father at his landscape




Uruguayan meet comes from here you know?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:-)

Cristina said...

Me alegro q t acuerdes d est paseo. Muchos saludos d Cristina.

Cristina said...

T olvidast d contar q cenast c luz d velas...........

DS said...

Si, me esqueci del las luz de velas... :)