Monday, November 5, 2007

One day in Versailles

Last sunday, I went to Versailles.

Finally, after some months in Paris I saw this special garden.

One more time, I got some lines between american and brazilian tourists. But this time was special, because I had a american and brazilian friend in the group. I went with Vyara (my girlfriend), Hugo (Brazilian intern from Alcatel-lucent), Anna (Swedish Erasmus student) and Jerry (American student from Sacramento California).

The weather were nice, no rain!! :) But somehow was cold. The garden is huge and has a nice lake to take a little boat trip. The restaurant prices are ok, its not not so expensive. Plate for 12 euros + 4.50 coke....

I have a estory for today:

The King Louis XIV spent almost all french capital in this building to put there the aristocracy (living in the palace with him). With this strategy the King has not anymore conflits between him and the aristocracy. In the same time, other kingdoms had a lot of conflits with aristocracy and some of them had wars or even were killed.

So, Louis lived his life in good atmosphere with own "enemies" transforming them as a friends. Versailles had this magic transformation in the people who lived there. My parents said that is a paradise, I just call smart constructrion.

If you want to go to Paris, you really have choose to go Versailles.

Thanks

No comments: