Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Largest day of my life... (1/5)


How come your luggage change your day?
This post is the answer..
(1st post in 3 posts)

First of all, this was a real day. My incredible day, have to say. Until now, definitely the day which I had faced more challenges at the same time. Everything because a fail. Everything because a luggage... in Brussels, Belgium.

21st of August is now a free day from me. Since 2007, the year that I was going at this day to an International Congress of AIESEC in Istanbul, Turkey.
At this time I was working in Paris, France, for the International Organization of Students AIESEC. My term has started in June of 2007 and as default I had to represent France as member of National Committee in Turkey.

As Rita Pang, my colleague from Canada reserved the flights to Istanbul from Brussels, at 20th I travelled with Amandine Bancel, other colleague, to Brussels. We had an amazing reception from Paulo Silva. Paulo, was a trainee in DHL Brussels at this time. An excellent person with excellent reception.

During this night, Paulo explained us how to go, at 7am, to Airport. We needed to be there at 9am of 21st August in order to fly to Milan. Until now, nothing special. We got the street and stopped at the bus stop.

At the bus stop, around 7.20 am, we realized that the street was blocked. It was under construction unfortunatelly. So, we walked until the next street, biggest one to take a taxi. A simple taxi driver, bond with mustage, saw us when he has left an Irish Pub. We took the taxi.

Big mistake. After a difficult conversation about Tunisians as is the taxi driver, and other religions and etnics, without any judge of values, religions or ethnics, I was trying to answer each question with racionality and honesty, we arrived finally at the airport.

Between paying the taxi driver and taking out the lugagge. I forgot to take out my bag and the taxi driver has left...
Horrible! My laptop, wallet with some documents, passport, flight tickets, debit card, camera, external hard disk, charger.... "AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh!!!" My scream arrived to Turkey before the sunlight that hadn't come yet to my hardest day of my live. Largest day of my life.

With 20 euros, mobile off, ID card, clothes luggage, without flight tickets and passport how can I arrive to Turkey? How can I return to Paris? Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

To be continued...

No comments: