Monday, July 19, 2010

Turkey

Shared on AIESEC 2015 Blog


"You are not going there. Right?", screams my sister in front of her television.
Running to my living room I couldn't believe as well. The city, where I should be in 2 days were bomb attacked, the target were the tourists, to have stronger impact.

However, it was enough to not allow me to go there and do my first experience abroad. Was in 2006, and my 21 years old at this time were enough to make my decision and take the risk to go.

Paradise for many people, Antalya, Turkey was definitely the best place to pass my summer. After being buddy for many trainees and responsible for National Reception events, it was the first time I was received by someone.

Tuncay was this "one" and then almost 1 month and half was the best times ever... I was responsible for one PBOX with 14 trainees, with all logistics associated working indirectly with Mayor of Antalya, I was more than happy.

In August, I left Turkey with the country in my heart.
Back to my couch in the capital of my apartment's confort, I open the TV and the news..... I couldn't believe what I have seen. Antalya had suffered again other bomb, this time in the center, at one exchange shop, next door of a restaurant where I was eating sometimes!!! In the TV appeared the nice man that shared with me football conversation and nice times with a kid on his arms.
This time, I couldn't manage my feelings, and I passed badly for a period.
For any portuguese citizen, was just one more news, as it is for me when I see often these kind of situations.
For me was everything.
The world is ours my friends, we just need exchange to wake up step forward.
Go ahead, see you in 2015!

No comments: